Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I Would Live

I Would Live

One time I was sitting still
With furrowed brow under the sky,
Upon a short but sturdy hill
The stars, I asked, “What good am I?”

I sat there looking up so long,
I sat there trying not to cry
With me I thought, so much is wrong,
I cannot see a purpose why.

I thought of people that I see
And everyone that I pass by,
I thought, my goodness, could it be
That everyone struggles as I?

Before I knew it, stars were gone,
The sun was shining through the trees
To me the morning sang a song,
It rode upon the morning breeze.

My eyes were tired, time to sleep?
No, the day had just begun,
That’s when I started to weep
As soon as I beheld the Sun.

And then a truth flit on my mind,
That there is no end, e’en after death,
And that if I slept I wouldn’t find
Upon that hill my needed rest.

I knew that sorrows, yes were mine,
But my soul to death would never give,
And that as the stars so humbly shine
I knew I’d never die, but forever rather, I would live.

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment