Monday, September 7, 2009

Moonlit Walk

I thought of you my dear today,
I thought if you were here I’d say,
“You look beautiful tonight,”
And I’d ask if you’re alright.

Then I’d sense a sadness come,
A familiar, humble tune I’d hum,
Then I’d say to my darling dear,
“I’m alright babe, have no fear.”

As I spoke my eyes did burn,
Stopping the tears is a skill I’ve learned,
I reach out and touch her so soft hand,
A little shock vibrates the touch where we did stand.

I look into her big blue eyes,
I say again that I’m alright,
Under a moon full of light,
And by a stream which sparkled bright.

Walking close under the moon,
Both humming a lovely tune,
The pebbles shine where we did walk,
This in my mind often I’ve thought.

No words she speaks, just standing near,
If she spoke, what would I hear?
What would she say if she knew?
All the things that I’ve been through.

Her silence makes me a bit unsure,
I don’t know what to think of her,
I haven’t known for so many years,
Just mixed emotions through the tears.

I breathe deep and remember days,
She looks sad as she fades away,
I remember the life that we once made,
But is gone now because I was afraid.

But still I feel the electricity,
E’en though she never answered me,
And still I see her smiling face,
E’en though she’s gone from my place.

But in my mind I humbly see,
The most precious of all my memories,
Holding her close next to a stream,
Under a moon in my fondest dream.

I reach to try and keep her here,
But she’s gone, my darling dear,
I can only speak to her in dreams,
And I think she answers back it seems.

Almost as if my heart beats to
A fond memory that it once knew,
And it only pumps when I do what’s right,
And when I think of her every starry night.

I stand alone now as I sigh,
And mouth the words, “My dear goodbye,”
But I feel her heart beat next to mine,
As the wind whispers her soft reply,

It is a reply that cannot be heard,
Not with ears, no not with words,
But it reaches the heart in such a way,
A way oft felt when I kneel and pray.

I thought of you my dear today,
I thought if you were here I’d say,
“You look beautiful tonight,
In the rays of the moon light.

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment