Sunday, February 7, 2010

I Believe I am Blest

I believe I am blest,
I don’t know by my eyes,
Deep inside my chest,
A treasure there lies.

I believe I do know
Something others do not,
I have been brought low,
But I haven’t forgot.

I believe in a ghost
Much more holy than I,
No, I would not boast,
And I will not deny.

I believe in true love,
And that the heart has weight,
I know an atonement
Reveals beauty, not hate.

I believe I am blest
With a love so fine,
O, thy will be done,
Thy will Father, not mine.

Bitter the cup but I know thee more,
A poor man of grief would knock on my door,
I would not cast him out for I’ve seen thy star,
And I don’t know his travels or from how far.

A soul’s desire is simple you see,
To love and be loved, o, Father, hear me,
These words I speak at the genesis of my rest,
So let me dream my sweet dreams, for I know I am blest.

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment