Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Sea

Within the borders of Galilee,
A young boy of an age I can’t recall
Was walking the edge of its stormy sea,
And was watching the waters most choppy squall.

The waters crashed hard on the sand of the shore,
The skies gathered darkness and an eerie chill filled the air,
The wind gathered strength and the rain did pour,
Intimate the innocence of this story I’ll share.

I’ll go home the child thought and be safe in the care
Of my mother and father and bear this storm with family,
For I know they are there and their love with me share,
And I’m glad I’m not out upon that turbulent sea.

No other man at this time this child could see,
But in the grayish distance and upon a wave,
A glint of a boat he beheld on that sea,
Wondered this child, who them would save?

As he gazed out the tempest started to rage,
Wondered he, what the fate of those boats would be,
E’en young the mind of this child but the scene him did engage,
As he prayed for the men on that sea of Galilee.

He became scared and he cried for the storm was mean,
This innocent child’s plea suddenly became known,
This became the worst storm that this child had ever seen,
Nothing he could do now but run towards his home.

He ran for a moment with tears in his eyes,
Crying aloud but not for his sake,
For he knew in the end that he’d be alright,
But those men on that sea he knew those waters would take.

The storm was so strong as he continued run,
Scared, he wanted to just be home,
But then a voice entered his head, “Be still my son,”
Then the sun broke through the clouds and all around him shone.

“Look at the Son, He’s on those waves,
Fear not my child, your prayers have found me,
It’s your innocence that heals, your innocence that saves,
For your heart is as His of whom be on that Sea.

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment