Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Who I Am

Who I Am

As I watch the sun dip down below
The horizon when it leaves my sky
I wonder if it waves hello
To another who sees it like I.

The stars I am so truly fond
Of the way they twinkle silently,
I wish sometimes I could respond
And I hope sometimes they gaze at me.

I, like the lake am full of weeds,
But I hope I reflect an image clear
To any who look into me
Of who they want to be so near.

And O, the moon in its glory,
It loves to sooth the weary stressed,
And write to them a true story
Filled with peace and needed rest.

O, now I see, O, now I know
Why the stars twinkle and shine,
And why the sun dips down below
The profoundly drawn horizon line.

And why the lake reflects so true
And why the moon aids from afar
I know why those things now they do
Because that is who each one they are.

If only I had something grand,
Something special that made up me,
Maybe then I’d see who I am,
And who I could so truly be.

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment