Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mountain Top

After I got done throwing chalk at people today I felt like I needed some good inspiration. Also I have been feeling down in the dumps lately so I did something that I haven't done by myself for some time. I went and hiked the Y. After receiving many funny looks from nearly everyone on the mountain because of my colorful attire I finally reached the top. While I was laying on my back gazing into the clouds that drifted so close to me I started composing a poem to myself. After it got to a certain length I realized that I needed to remember it but I had no paper or pencil to write with! So being the ingenuitive(it's a word...now,) person i am, I pulled out my cell phone and texted it to myself. This is what I wrote on top of the Y.

Mountain Top

So many trivial matters in the city abound,
How do you heal a heart that has a hole?
When you walk the streets take a look around,
The claustrophobic sight suffocates the soul.

But up in the mountains and high in the hills,
Everything is so calm, intricate and serene,
The peaceful breeze, the hole in my heart fills,
As I gaze out upon the beautiful scene.

Sleepy now, my eyes do fade,
A dream fills my mind as I start to nod,
As water on rocks my thoughts cascade
As I see myself on a mountain in the arms of My God.

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment