Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Mountain to Climb

I owe so many things to my precious God,
There are many things that I can prove,
There are so many things that I cannot,
But climb a mountain I can do.

A mountain to climb is my solemn ambition,
To prove to the Lord that I want to be with Him,
I climb and seek honest forgiveness,
Only I and the angels do solemnly witness.

I climb e’en though I am weighted down,
Every footstep pressed forward with words in mind,
I pray as I go without a sound,
With each step past burdens left behind.

So each day I have a mountain to climb,
Climb every hour, rain or shine,
And as I climb I humbly pray,
That maybe one day I’ll hear God say,

“The mountain you‘ve climbed has brought you home,
I’ve blessed every step you’ve taken my son,
Your burden is gone, be at peace you‘ve won,
You can rest now, your journey is done.”

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment