Friday, March 12, 2010

Morning

In the morning I will find a way
To offer thanks for the new day,
As I wake I kneel in prayer,
Often something like this I’ll share;

“O, Father, my God thou art so true,
Thou hast blest me with things I never knew,
Not worthy am I for e’en this morning,
So grateful am I that thou art my King.

Thou hast offered me life which is e’en too much,
I did not deserve it but my heart thou didst touch,
Is my heart worth the price to heal and mend?
Through my own stubborn pride thy Son thou didst send.”

With an angel by my side while I walk through the dark,
I walk toward the pinprick of light I can see in my mind,
It resides in my chest and on this path I’ll embark,
I thought I could see once, but now I know I was blind.

Wishing me to fly the angels help me ascend,
But I become difficult to lift when them I offend,
They lift with their hands but as I stray off the path,
I become as the sand, far too tricky to grasp.

How can I fly when I sift like the sand?
Particles in the sky must come together again,
And be whole forever, the soul and the body,
In the best of desires, and the highest degree.

I would pray this morning for those I hold dear,
For those in my heart who’ve shed many a tear,
To not worry for me for I’m alright you see,
I pray that you are even more happy then me.

To be so happy you can’t contain yourself,
Tears of joy are more sacred than riches and wealth,
To love the life that you’ve chosen and the life that you’ve made,
Don’t worry about me for I know love doesn’t fade.

In the morning I will find a way,
To offer thanks for this beautiful new day,
E’en not yet as beautiful as memories I retain
But each sunrise brings with it new rays through the rain.

Golden as wheat and precious as rose,
Friendship is sweet for all those who know
That the truest of friends are those within the heart and the mind,
And those never let go and not ever left behind.

Brighter than stars and more divine then a dove,
The most perfect spirals entwined from above,
The moon is beautiful but the Sun never does end,
That’s why I give thanks for this morning and for the most beautiful friend.

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment