Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Love to Adore

A Love to Adore

With the starlit sky peering into my room,
I gratefully write a nice line or two,
Something in the air says, “Yes, it’s soon,
And faith is a thing to let shine it’s true.

Thoughts are fond when the mind does chime,
But as a pond memories ripple away,
But they live on in a verse or rhyme
Inspired by those who in the night pray.

They touch others who would be in the wake,
And they break down walls so miraculously
When faith is shown e’en through heart ache,
And when you’re alone and scared as can be.

Weary hearts abound from daily whispers
Of things that surround but cannot be,
Weary eyes look on and pray for rest,
And plead for a light in the dark to see.

Thank heaven for friends who by your side stay
And hold in a way a key to console,
I’ve been given some things I could never repay,
As a diamond that came from the blackest of coal.

I thank thee Father for the starlit sky,
For in them I can gracefully keep
My thoughts, for a window is my eye,
And in thee I know I can safely weep.

As time rolls on the path unfolds,
But it’s blank unless you take the next stride,
Memories are more true when the heart holds
Them, and when in your God you so confide.

A bright night is unique as opposed to the day,
It’s for the poetic to critique and to weigh,
I would not say though that damned is their walk,
Rather to continue on others by the way that they talk.

And in so doing they are raised from the depths,
Blest with peace, what does one need more?
I can think of one thing but now let my eyes rest
For sleep brings with it a love to adore.

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment