Sunday, April 4, 2010

No Title

How do you get rid of a bottomless pit?
Fill it with something that never does end,
In my chair I write while I somberly sit
And strive to live up to the words I’ve penned.

How do you heal a heart that is broken and torn?
I sigh as this question an answer I seek,
More times than thrice I have asked this thorn
To depart, but I glory, for I’m strong when I’m weak.

I would never desire to live another man’s life,
I have loved in a way I don’t think many could,
Though I’ve seen my share of pain and strife,
My life is great, beautiful and good.

Without saying a word I stand tall and straight up,
And accept my fate as the multitude does assign,
Though I’ve shrunk from the pain and asked this cup
To be taken, but O, thy will be done Father, not mine.

As this day I partake of the water and bread,
The tokens of my God who sets me free,
“If any man hear my voice, and open the door,
I will come into him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment