Thursday, May 27, 2010

All I Can Do

All I Can Do

I can only do what I can do,
And I cannot change what I have done,
I’ll write what I know to be true,
And I’ll try to finish what I’ve begun.

Though I know where I must go,
I cannot change where I have gone,
In the depths I’ve been brought low,
But a mountain in my mind’s been drawn.

I see more than just what I perceive,
As I ascend a mountain, though I’m weighed
Down by things I’d rather leave
In the depths where I once stayed.

We’re not judged as in a race,
For others up my mountain run,
But some never e’en leave that place,
I’m slow but I know I’ve still won.

I only do all that I can do,
And the soul is weighed with a scale refined,
So if I write what I know to be true,
I know I’ll never fail or be left behind.

Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment