Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Some Value

A lot of the time I’ll write for pages and then scrap it all moments before posting it to my blog. I wonder… I probably wouldn’t do that if it wasn’t so easy to just erase a whole document. One click of a button, I mean, what if I had a feathered pen with limited ink and then had to hand write on a scroll or expensive sheets of paper? Or even worse, what if I had to engrave on metal tablets my thoughts? Maybe I would consider every word I wrote before putting it down. Maybe I wouldn’t even write anything due to its difficulty…(I still would) Maybe the things I wrote would be much more thought out and important. The things everyone that chose to write would most likely be of some value because of its difficulty. Why would someone spend hours painstakingly engraving their frivolous thoughts on who the next American Idol will be? It would be a little pointless I think, for those thoughts wouldn’t last much beyond the next year, or even few months afterwards, and then what are you left with, a whole ton of work for something that didn’t even really matter in the first place. Maybe this is a good way to measure if something is of importance or not. What is something important enough in your life that you would give a great deal of your time and effort to write if writing was a hundred times harder than simply typing away at a computer screen? Maybe one would write about things that would really last the test of time, and when it really gets down to it, what would those things really be?

No comments:

Post a Comment