Monday, May 3, 2010

Faith

Faith

I write of faith, the sun is nigh,
I stare at the screen that glows,
I look onward and faintly sigh,
And type about the life I chose.

I wonder if things could have been
Any other way from how they are,
Or was I set for this and then chosen
In a distant life away so far?

I look out my window as it storms,
And lighting flashes in the air,
Though stormy weather o’er me forms
I know that God still hears my prayer.

But I’m not sure if I’m worthy,
Or able to be blest on high,
For pride comes so inherently
But my God I will never deny.

I don’t know but I truly hope
That God has paved a way,
I know I’ve a limited scope,
What I can’t see though I try to say.

Though I’m a fool so old and worn,
I suppose I’ve faith to some degree,
Though in me there is a deep thorn,
But with faith a thorn can set you free.

The thunder rolls and shakes my house,
And it’s black as death outside,
I feel a calm soft as a mouse,
And with faith in that I do confide.

From the storm my house can blow away,
I know it was not on a rock,
Though uncertain of the coming days
I press forward with a sturdy walk.

I write the things upon my heart,
Though attaining it’s a hefty call,
I strive for good within my art,
And I know my words will never fall.

I wonder if good I even do,
Or if good for someone I’ve ever done,
And if so I so wonder who,
My joy shall be full if it be e’en one.

Am I even worth a single verse
In the Great Poet’s Book of Life?
I suppose I have a way with words
Cut from my heart as with a knife.

I said of faith I’ll write tonight,
So just like it were the rising rays,
Faith comes from the dark to be so bright
And guides you through the coming days.

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment