Friday, May 7, 2010

A Ball

A Ball

As I lay in my bed I’ve a furrowed brow
While a universe in my head is colliding,
Often I pen my wonderings how
And verses come out of my writings.

Recollecting on words that I clearly remember
Vivid as red and from them I can’t hide,
All in a brightly lit night in December,
I sigh as my eyes tilt down to the side.

A blanket enshrouds from my head to my toes,
My arms wrapped around my knees,
My chin pressed to my chest as close as it goes,
The position brings with it distant memories.

As I lay in my bed I’ve come to conclude,
That closer we can get to portray
In writing the intents of our hearts mood
Then what with our mouths we say.

I reflect on a distant life, it runs
Through the very essence of me,
A heart can only be broken once
If the first time around you gave it completely.

Then after that you can love and let go,
Though still hard it sets you free I believe,
But love is the greatest feeling I know
And the greatest gift one could ever receive.

I only write to search for solace and peace,
Something I was told find in a life away,
As a lifeline that into my healing heart breathes
Words flow through my head while in a ball in my bed I lay.

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment