Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I am Free

“Hello, my name is Stephen Hawking, physicist, cosmologist, and something of a dreamer. Although I cannot move and I have to speak through a computer, in my mind I am free.”

-Stephen Hawking

I love this man. What an incredible person to have established such a character despite his lack of physical ability. Yet, I have to wonder if he would have been so esteemed if he had never suffered from ALS disease, or if he would have even ever attained the level of genius he is at now. At age 21 Stephan first started showing symptoms and I cannot fathom how horrendous this trial must have been for him. All I have to say is I love the man and I know he loves doing what he does best, understanding the universe. Something I aspire to…I suppose I have to go to school or something like that first… Whelp, we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment