Saturday, December 12, 2009

Back Yard Adventure

As I sit upon my swing,
This night, this humble even-ing,
I set out on an adventure,
One more daring then most I am sure.

A sudden, cold, snowstorm flurry,
Gives me chills, I start to worry,
A snowflake flits upon my nose,
As if to say, “What up Jake, how does it goes?”

Then through the deepest mists of my back yard,
I see a skulking cat, cool, sleek, and hard,
It glares at me with shifty eyes,
Almost like a ninja in disguise.

It sleekly maneuvers through the fogs,
With grace and stealth to avoid the dogs,
Its eyes so tense as if to say,
“I has a secret agenda, so get out my way.”

Then a lone wanderer comes walking by,
To this creature though I can speak,
I say, “How are you doing this chilling night?”
He wags his tail humbly and meek.

A giant among his species he is,
The greatest of Danes, an old weak kneed fellow,
He knows the territory of which is his,
But is wandering out to say hello.

With a sniff of my hand he greets me so,
Leaving a soft tread in the drifting snow,
A trait of the meek no matter species or size,
I tell him of ninja cats, an excitement erupts in his eyes.

“Do you want to come with me on my dangerous quest?
You might end up facing the worst of your fears!”
The Dane replied, “Sure, as long as you don’t mind scratching my chest,
And maybe once or twice massaging my ears.”!

So into the night with that agreement we went,
In the most remote parts of my back yard this time we spent,
Dodging ninja cats behind every corner,
Till our quest’s end was met at the fence of my back yard’s border.

“Well, thanks for coming with me on this dangerous quest,
I’m sorry it wasn’t as exciting as I made it out to be,”
The Dane replied, “What you talking about? This was da best,
We chased like, twenty ninja cats up into like ten different trees!”

I laughed and said, “Yeah, maybe you’re right,”
To this greatest of Danes, whom I could relate,
I had fun with my wandering buddy last night,
No need to worry though, ‘cause I didn’t stay up very too late.

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment