Monday, December 28, 2009

The Ghost of my Soul

The Ghost of my Soul

I looked out my window through a blizzard, I squinted,
I saw a man with no jacket through the window so tinted,
A voice enter my head, ‘twas urgent it hinted,
“Save me!” It said, and out the door I so sprinted.

The blistering winds and the snow I was blinded,
Finding no man but my mind was reminded,
Look o’re the hill he was there I was sure,
Find him soon for much longer no man could endure.

No jacket myself for I had gone before I
Had put one on, to save the man, at least try!
When I reached the hill where I thought he would be,
Not a man was there, not a soul, just me.

Not grabbing a coat I started to regret,
The man I was to save I started to forget,
Almost frozen now, I could catch my death,
My nose blue, skin froze, and bitter cold breath!

Then through the snow I saw an abode,
There was a man looking out of a tinted window,
“Save me!” the voice in my head I did urgently quote,
I was aghast when I saw my savior sprint out though without a coat!

“Go back, get a coat, you’ll freeze I cried!”
Why would he ever in this weather without a coat go outside?
Suddenly I found the man, whom save I had tried,
It was myself in the snow, I took my last breath and fainted and died.

You can’t save a soul without being prepared,
I wish someone to me, this truth had shared,
For I’ve set the example, so this poem I’ve wrote,
Don’t run into the storm without first putting on a coat.

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment