Thursday, December 10, 2009

Paradigm Shift

Another apple fell from the tree,
This one though fell in front of me,
I had no thought of day and night,
'Til this law of God switched on a light.

Opened up a new wave of thought,
Delving deeper into what I’ve been taught,
Increasing the range of my own true sight,
And defining the blur between wrong and right.

Not a soul that has found a new atmosphere,
Has not wished once or twice that they could forget,
For the insight brings new laws to adhere,
My mind is racing while under a tree I sit.

One could learn a lot by looking at their own hands,
The marks, the scars, the wrinkles, the rings,
But one thing more the heart commands,
Is the things to your love that your hand brings.

One could learn a lot by looking at their own hands,
The hairs on the back and the lines on the palm,
But one thing more the heart commands,
Is the way they nurture a love by the way they calm.

Another apple fell from a tree,
This one though fell in front of you,
It opened a world of what could possibly be,
If just a few things you certainly knew.

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment