Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Good Dream

A good dream is like heaven,
Like finding something you’ve lost,
Like a beautiful, subtle, little vision,
So nice, so tender, so soft.

As the dews of heaven descend
Upon my mind while I sleep,
Their rays of truth do mend,
My heart; I wake, I weep.

A good dream will take you home
To a people, a family,
No longer the cost to be alone,
For in a good dream, heaven is free.

It’s as if a good dream is more real,
Then this earthly life we live,
I believe it is when it heals,
And when gifts to your heart it gives.

A good dream will invite a peace,
Not a chemical feel in the brain,
But one in your heart that will never cease,
Like a true friendship that’s so hard to obtain.

So God gives us good dreams so that we may believe,
In the things that He wishes us to receive,
There are things in my heart I could never deny,
Though it’s so hard and so often I cry.

But each tear that drops is a testimony,
Of my soul’s very utmost sincerity.
Of the things in my life that I have ever seen,
I believe the most in the things that I see when I dream.

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment