Friday, June 18, 2010

Chillin' with John Curtis,

Click on the pic to view a better quality version of it.

Who did I run into in Orlando Florida while helping out with Habitat for Humanity? Yup, John Curtis, the Mayor of Provo himself... Unbelievable, what are the odds in that. Well, anyway you'll notice that I am wearing his name badge sticker and that is a funny story.

While in the midst of painting the house in the background,(the one with the brown trim...yeah, I did most of that trim because I unknowingly picked up the one and only small, perfectly sized roller for that specific job, everyone was a little jealous of me I think:) ) I somehow lost my name sticker and when I realized it I exclaimed out loud, "I lost my name!" John Curtis heard me say it and replied, "O, you'll get it back." A few hours later I still hadn't found my name and we were in the garage eating lunch. He was leaning down to pick something up and his name sticker fell off his shirt and onto the ground. I was sitting nearby and he picked his name up and stuck it on me! "There you go," he said. "So does this mean I'm the new mayor of Provo?" I asked. He laughed and said, "Good luck!" haha

So needless to say I am currently mulling over my next step as Mayor of Provo. First thing's first, demolish that skate park west of the freeway and rebuild a Skate Plaza in its place! We're voting on it this coming November.

No comments:

Post a Comment