Saturday, June 26, 2010

Pondering The Universe

Pondering the Universe, one of my favorite past times. This is at the Kennedy Space Center and let me tell you it is absolutely incredible everything that we’ve been able to accomplish with space flight. This experience changed my opinion on a lot of matters concerning NASA. I was looking at an old schematic layout of one of the shuttles and there were names of all of the complicated machinery parts with lines pointing to where they were on the shuttle. There were all these complex technological names for all the different parts that went into the design of the ship and then I saw a line coming out of it and at the end of it, it simply said, “Tape Recorder,” haha. Now I would never want to be hurdled into the vacuum that is space with even a tape recorder on board, let alone have it be an important part to the shuttle I was on! It’s unbelievable what we had back then and was able to get to the moon with it. We toured the area where the NASA team actually monitored the flights going up. You know the room you see in Apollo 13. All those super old computers that go beep and boop and then light up when something goes wrong. I don’t have much more to say on the matter other than it was an incredible journey. Now I’m back in little old, New London.
“We choose to go to the moon! We choose to go to the moon! We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard.”
-President John F Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment