Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I am a Dream

I am a Dream

If only a figment I truly am
In another’s dream that flows so free,
Then I’m impressed as to a diamond
That another could dream up me.

And if I’ll vanish when he wakes,
And my whole world fades away,
I hope he’ll write me down for heaven sakes
And upon me ponder and pray.

For if he does, again I’ll be real,
More so than his waking world,
For the things I’ve thought in him he’ll feel,
And more of me will be unfurled.

It excites me to know that he’ll
Ponder on the things I’ve thought,
For if I’m in him then he’ll know I’m real
For I am, and also he’ll know what’s not.

And if he dreamt me up then I’m proud to be
Within the genius’s thought that streams
And if I think on him while he thinks on me
I’ll not cease e’en when he wakes from dreams.

For I’ll have inspired him to due action,
Within his world where people see,
And through his deeds I’ll live on
Through my ripple on through eternity.

Regardless of whether I’m real or a dream,
(The line is fuzzy if you ask me,)
I know my existence is as sweet as cream,
And that I am what I am, and I’ll be what I be,

And that is goodness and that is grace,
And that is pure intent,
It’s our perception of our place
And it’s us that makes us just a figment.

-Jacob Winterfeldt

No comments:

Post a Comment